Do I need Planning Permission?

tabletopOur cabins can be used year round, and you can install a wood burning stove (with an upgrade to residential windows, and with good ventilation), heating, plumbing etc.

However they are not residential grade, they are holiday grade, so you can’t generally live in them as a permanent dwelling.

Anything over 2.5m high, or that you plan on using as accommodation needs full planning permission.

A look at the planning portal should let you know all you need:

And as always, check with your local planning officer.

You might live in an area or a property that has certain restrictions.

You must make sure you have permission to build your cabin, as you are liable yourself to gain planning consent, arrange appropriate drainage, make sure your cabin does not produce a fire risk, or upset your neighbours etc.